Tuesday, December 11

There's no place like...

HOME for the holidays!

Yes, we're celebrating that our travels will be cumulatively shorter this year (we'll be heading to First Monday territory to see Scott's family) because we now live in the other location to which we usually travel! While living near family was never our intention, nor do we associate God's calling on our life with how close geographically we are to loved ones, it's an unexpected blessing that the Lord chose to lead us here!

But, there is a dual meaning in my post title...

We closed on our house this past Thursday. That, in part, is the reason for my absence from the blogosphere this week! We've been cleaning carpets, wiping down cabinetry, and painting prior to unpacking the storage unit full of our belongings that have been waiting patiently for us for five months! Since we've hit the ground running with ministry every time we've moved, it's another blessing that we've lived with my parents while we were seeking out whether the Lord intended to keep us here. Now, since they're in no hurry to see the kiddos less than what has become normal(and us too, I guess) , we are at liberty to move in one room at a time!

I'm obsessed about organization, but I've found that as we've moved and hit the ground running, our family has grown, our schedules become packed, and opportunities for ministry abound, it's become increasingly difficult to start out organized. I'm so excited about the chance to BEGIN organized instead of playing that dreadful game of catch up.

Oh, and for those of you who may be wondering, here are some specs on our new house...what a blessing!

It is three bedroom, two bath, but has a fourth room which is just smaller than the master. That bonus room has no closet, so it cannot be called a bedroom. However, we're excited to use that room for now as an office/craft room... Sewing and Scrapbooking anyone?

We have a large open livingroom, breakfast area, and kitchen. I'm thrilled that the utility room has space to move around and even room for ironing. We also have a formal dining room, which we will use as a study/sitting area, since the breakfast area has the exact dimensions of the dining room. The patio is stamped concrete and is covered, and there is enough space in the backyard for a swingset. I'll try to post some pictures as we progress with moving in.

We were praying and looking for a home with enough space to comfortably host life groups and other ministry events, and we're so thankful that despite the craziness that ensued with the sellers, we were able to make this house our own (and the bank's, in effect).

6 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys!
    We need your address. Could you email it to me?
    christinehoover98@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is so exciting! I'd like to have your new address as well. mandiwatts@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too! Have I mentioned I miss you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:13 AM

    How exciting! Sounds like a wonderful place to call home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Hot tub night at the McDonalds' place!! I called it first!! ;) love you, Lori!!

    --guess who

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori...I am so happy to hear that you have found the perfect home and that all has worked out! I would love to have your new address. By the way, this blog is great and I check it frequently!

    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!