Thursday, April 16

BabyGirlMac is now a...

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.

(Supposedly all of the length measurements are now head-to-toe instead of head-to-rump from this week on. )

Our doctor (whom I LOVE, by the way) said everything looks healthy at this point. SweetBabyGirl is measuring 58th percentile for this point in development. She has been kicking up a storm lately, and three nights ago, Scott was able to feel her kick for the first time!

True confessions: I'm having a little difficulty processing that it's Sweet Girl instead of Sweet Boy, even though I knew my intuition could have been way off. Maybe if I say it enough it'll sink in. Don't get me wrong; I'm not disappointed! Caleb and Anna both had guessed it was a boy, and Caleb was more than a little disappointed. I think, though, that the main reason was because he had hoped to get bunkbeds if it was a boy!

(Little does he know that the ones I used to have growing up are at Mimi and Pawpaw's, just waiting for a certain someone's May birthday to come around!)

Any time we say something about having a baby girl, Anna is superquick to point out that we're wrong and she's "a BIG goor" now. I think we've sufficiently corrected this misunderstanding, but I fully expect to have to repeat it at least a dozen more times. :)

2 comments:

  1. she is a cute little banana I am sure of it! I love the stories about Caleb and Anna and what their feelings on the whole thing.

    Caleb will be so excited to get those surprise bunk beds!

    do you have any names picked out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so precious and SOOOO exciting! i know that caleb and anna are going to love her to bits!

    and i'm with erin...any name choices yet???

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!