Wednesday, July 5

Success! Lasting I hope...



As a college student, I never thought that the topic which would occupy my conversation most frequently would ever be the bathroom habits of a three year old. Sure, I knew that when I had kids there would be diaper issues and potty training, but would I talk about them to my friends? Nah.

Yet now here I am, once again discussing our struggles and victories in public with family and friends! After a few frustrating bouts with Caleb being unwilling, then unable, to go #2, we've got that issue resolved (lets hope permanently). We've chanted the mantra "It's good to push out poo-poo" and practically developed our own brainwashing potty propaganda. Then this morning, our sweet boy, who has been #1 trained for several months, decided that after going tee-tee, he wanted to just sit for a while. And to our surprise and sheer delight, he called to us with the wonderful news that he went in the potty! Let's hope this is the first successful day of the rest of his life as a big-boy-pants wearing, no more pull-ups, boy! Sure, accidents may happen (a la Christine's Freebirds story :) ), but we can still hope...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for going #2!! I never thought I would be so excited about that. Hope you never have the Freebirds experience, though.
    Congrats on accomplishing potty training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:58 AM

    I want to remind you to avoid Long John Silvers .......they could remember.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!