Did you know?
- I was a multi-sport athlete in high school. (my thinner days) I played volleyball, basketball, ran cross-country, and participated in track and field: 100 and 350 m. hurdles (my favorite), 400 and 800m relay, 200m sprint (second favorite).
- Basketball was my hands-down favorite sport, and I was a shooting guard/point guard/forward. During my senior year in high school, my schedule of academic classes didn't allow me to take Girls' Athletics. However, I had an opening during 4th period, and after discussing it with the principal and guys' coach, I was allowed to take Guys' Athletics. (Obviously I used the Girls' Locker Room.) That was the best, most challenging sports experience I had.
- I love words and word games. In 7th grade, my class would play Boggle using an overhead projector. I didn't win all the time, but my teacher would send me on errands during the games because a couple of students complained if I ever won. :( I also cannot pass up a good pun. Scott would tease and say that only I think they're funny and I shouldn't say them, but he doesn't realize how many I don't voice! ;)
- Somewhere along the way I learned to say the alphabet backwards.
- I play piano and took lessons from age 4 till 18, BUT I don't play by ear or by memory very well. Give me some sheet music, however, and I'll be as pleased as punch. (whatever that means)
- I LOVE to be organized. If I ever buy something impulsively for myself, it's usually something for storage or organization. Putting it into practice, however, is not as easy as it would seem. Given the time to focus on it, I'll be organized. Otherwise, know "it's a work in progress."
- Music really affects me. The difference between crying/not crying in a movie with a sentimental scene depends on the music. My mom says simply hearing scary music on tv when I was little would affect me greatly.
- I've never had many really close friends. I'm somewhat introverted that way. In any given situation, I like being around people, but I'm reserved to a good extent. That's something I continue to try to balance out, because I value friendships and the people I've been blessed to know. Ministry life helps me monitor that! Scott pushes me to have that balance too, and I'm grateful.
- I have a peculiar habit when I eat barbecue. Sure, I could eat it normally, but when presented with the opportunity to eat brisket or sausage, etc., I prefer to take one slice of bread, slice a few pieces of meat, add a few pieces of pickle, some sauce, and perhaps some cheese or pinto beans, then fold it over for a sandwich. Mmmmm. I'm mocked by my family for this obsessive ritual, but I'm addicted to it. :)
- I LOVE computers, but technology changes so quickly that once I had kiddos, I couldn't keep track. If I had to pick a job at some point, I'd love to work with computers.
- I once had dreams of joining the FBI or CIA. I'd love to be an analyst or work with computers for them. However, relocating myself to Langley for training doesn't gel so well with being a full time mom and supporting my husband in ministry, which is my actual calling and is truly a joy. I wouldn't trade what I do now for anything!
- I like to go deer hunting. It's a tradition dating back to my infant days, and it means family time, time in the gorgeous outdoors, and roughing it (a little). I'm not trigger happy, and if we kill a deer, we eat it or give away the meat. The leases that my dad has taken us to have a biologist who manages the population for health and numbers by placing restrictions on what can be hunted. That being said, I have a nice 10 point shoulder-mount hanging in our home office.
- Last, but not least, I grew up a farmer's daughter. I drove tractors in the summer and worked the cotton module builders. Scott (the city boy) came to work for Dad one summer, which eventually led to us discussing dating and marriage. We left our wedding in a shiny green John Deere tractor (and drove to the limo that was waiting on the opposite end of the parking lot).
I love how you left your wedding on the tractor! How FUN!
ReplyDeleteHi, Lori! I enjoyed your facts!
ReplyDelete-Tiffany
This was so neat and for the record...i LOVE your puns and anytime I see/hear one it makes me think of you!
ReplyDelete