BUMP! (also known as TTT or To The Top)
from a previous post: Summa-time
I didn't think that the thought of summer would ever be a daunting
one for me. However, now that I've had our first school year of consistent
home-life structure, I'm a little intimidated by the prospect. That's not to
say that we don't have plenty of things clamoring for our attention. It's
more a matter of the desire I have to make the most of our time.
Both Caleb and Anna are pretty good at playing together and
independently, but I really want to keep some semblance of structure going
on instead of depending on their abilities to keep busy (or tv and computer
for that matter). So, consider this a poll of all you moms out there: What
activities and other things do you institute during the summer for your
kiddos? What would you like to put in place? Please click the comments link below to add your very appreciated two cents!
I really want to hear your ideas!
I LOVE to share things I find, so here are a few things I've come across, thanks to the girls at GirlTalk.
- Summer is Important
- Summer has Potential
- DEAR time
- Summer Vacations here and also here (The second has a linked-to pdf file with more ideas.)
- Summer Meals (includes pdf file link with 30+ recipe ideas)
- Summer Goals and Projects (This one has a link to a pdf file of ideas also.)
- Summer Activities (Check out the pdf link here, too.)
Hi there! I don't have much experience with keeping kids busy during summer time yet as our little girl is only 15 months, but I love the Family Fun magazine and website (familyfun.com) and have gotten some ideas for different activities, cake decorating, etc.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the idea! I've happened across it a time or two (doctor's office?) and loved it; I should subscribe!! I needed that reminder.
ReplyDelete