Up until her 6 month appointment, Abby had not tried any cereal or baby food. I wasn't withholding this from her, but the doctor was amazed enough at her rate of growth by 4 months and the nourishment she was already receiving that she told me that unless her appetite increased, there was no real reason to introduce those foods unless I just wanted to. I told her that I might just wait, then.
So, a few days before the 6 month appointment, I introduced rice cereal. I'll post those pics shortly. During the preliminary developmental check by the nurse in the doctor's office, she asked if she was on Stage 2 (not so soupy) foods yet. "No," I replied, "we just tried cereal this week." The nurse was shocked. "Why?" she exclaimed. I told her that the doc said we could wait. She started to argue, but kindly (albeit quickly) finished the checklist instead.
Even the doctor, when she arrived for the remainder of the checkup, expressed surprise that I hadn't begun the solid food journey yet!
So weird!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!