Saturday, March 27

Gitcher Boots! It's Time!

Something in me gets excited during the beginning of January.  No, it's not the dawn of the new year, and it's definitely not the dreary, cold, and rainy weather that inevitably comes during the second week of January. 

It's the thought of pulling on some cowboy boots with a destination in mind, and in a weird sort of way, it's also the memories of a specific smell.  Etched in my mind's nose (?) is a combination bovine, porcine, ovine, galline, caprine, equine aroma complete with their feed and other (generally unpleasant yet strangely comforting) smells.

It's time for the Junior Livestock Show!!!

Having raised lambs for show and sale in middle school, I can't help but get excited about taking my own kiddos to experience the sights, sounds, and smells up close.  While there's part of me that loves the city, I don't ever want to lose my country roots! 

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya! We took my nephew to a rodeo this weekend. And while there are things I like about the convenience of city living, I'll never completely leave my country ways! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!