This is a compilation site of many high resolution licensed and public domain photos from photojournalists around the world.
While discernment may be necessary on some of the topics (cultural festivals can be immodest and disasters and war are brutal) and captions (every once in a while some of the photographers have an evident social/political agenda), most of the images from all sorts of events and occasions are excellent and moving. Many are beautiful, many are gritty, and, though some are initially blacked out (earthquake victims, etc.) for the squeamish, they are generally really good depictions of the state of things.
Because I don't have rights to the pictures and don't want to violate copyrights, I won't post the photos (rats!), but I have linked to the original post topic, and each caption links separately to the individual picture being described. I highly recommend clicking on the two small captions... these are strikingly great photos!
Scenes from Afghanistan
If you use a feed reader (like Google Reader or Feed Burner, for example), you can subscribe to this site and get new posts via the web or email. I love being able to see past my own little community and culture, and prayerfully reflect on happenings and the realization that it's "not all about me" and that even in the midst of hurt, our God is sovereign and completely in control.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!