Thursday, August 31

'PweSchool' and Mrs. 'Wonda'

Caleb now has two days of preschool under his belt! I think I handled this transition pretty well. I was only tempted to have tears as I dropped him off on the first day (Tuesday), but I resisted, even though it was all too easy for him to hop out of the car and walk in with the teacher. He did so with a smile, and he was still grinning ear-to-ear when I picked him up (both days)! He loves Mrs. Rhonda, his teacher, and always talks about the big-kid playground. Caleb's morning (8:45-11:45) consists of songs, books, table time, centers, music (on Thursdays, I think), snacks, and playground time, amongst other things. He's so proud to bring home his work in his big backpack. I took some pictures on the first day; they're on my camera phone, since I was too busy getting other things together to remember my camera... but I do have his first Preschool Art:

One thing that could have proven problematic about Preschool was potty training. So far, we're doing fine. The first day, Caleb told me that his teacher said it was time for a Bathroom Break, and that he told her he didn't need to go. We've been chanting the mantra "I don't think I need to, but I'll try." for some time now, hoping that it will be absorbed by his gray matter. Today, he gleefully announced to me that he had gone to the bathroom all by himself during Bathroom Break time! He also loves the little sink mounted in the corner of the classroom's bathroom. He thinks it is "cute." I'll take all the little victories I can get at this point. ;)

If you get to talk to Caleb, be sure to ask what they're learning about (space), what he's made (moon, shooting star, astronaut puppet), and the names of his classmates (there are 7 or 8 others, and he already knows their names !?!).

It appears that he may be very much like his Daddy was at a young age. Each day as I pick him up, the first thing he tells me is what "bad choices" he made at preschool. They're never extreme, but be assured, I know every time that he doesn't share (even if the teacher never noticed) or used his scissors instead of coloring:

"Mrs. Wonda said not to use my scissors."

"Did you put them away after she said that, or did you use the scissors anyway?"

"I used them first, but I obeyed her a little and put them away."

!!! :) Thank you Lord for a tender-hearted boy who is willing to tattle on himself (thus-far) and not others (yet).

3 comments:

  1. Lori,
    Thanks for your encouragement on my blog post. It's good to know someone else is in our position right now. I'm praying for you guys.
    It's also fun to know both of the boys are doing preschool. I'm glad Caleb is loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just little Scott McDonald telling Margie the same tale about obeying! Thanks for lettine me reminisce.....it just doesn't seem that long ago that Scott & Brian were headed off to school. Actually, can you believe this? They've been friends since they were Caleb's age!! You just never know what the Lord is going to do in those little preschooler's lives that will stay with them forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should be "letting" in the above post! Where's my spellchecker??

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!