Wednesday, August 16

What I Cling To...

Here are some verses I am currently clinging to and learning from...

  • "O love the Lord, all you His godly ones! The Lord preserves the faithful and fully recompenses the proud doer. Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the Lord." [Psalm 31:23,24] Lord, may I be found faithful and not prideful in the midst of affliction and trials. I trust in You.
  • "'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you...'" [Jeremiah 29:11-14(a)] I will be content with the purpose you have for me, Lord. Thank You for the promise that You listen to our prayers.
  • "The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him." [2 Chron. 16:9] Thank You, Lord, that when we struggle, You will strengthen us if we are fully committed to You.
  • "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord." [1 Cor. 15:58] "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one received the prize? Run in such a way that you may win." [1 Cor. 9:24] "Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of faith. ...But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." [Gal. 6:9,10,14] Lord, whatever your plan may entail for us, may we serve You steadfastly, may we serve humbly without losing heart, and may we finish strong so that You may get the glory for whatever good may happen in and through us.

all quotes NASB (c) 1995 The Lockman Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!