
I was in a children's clothing store yesterday, and a mom with a baby said, "Oh! She's so cute", referring to Abby, whom I was carrying in a sling. "How old is she?" I replied, almost 2 and a half months. She hesitated in surprise. "Wow, I thought she was nearly 8 months. You've practically got a toddler there!"
I laughed it off, and told her of our surprise as we have watched our sweet girl growing since birth. I gave her the statistical rundown that I'm about to share with you:
Sweet Abby Grace is almost 10 weeks old! She went to see our pediatrician for her two-month appointment and vaccinations last week. Our sweet nurse took one look at her and called her "Chunkers". :) Abby weighed in at 12lbs 10 oz (almost 2 lbs since the one-month appt) and measured 24 inches long (over 2 inches since that appt).
She is a cheerful girl who has just begun cooing and trying to interact with us. She holds her head up pretty well, LOVES bath time, and is no longer stationary. Yes, she is somewhat mobile! When I put her on her playmat, whether on her tummy or her back, she uses her legs/feet to scoot. Now, granted, this is not movement with a destination in mind, but it's movement, nonetheless! (Slow, gradual movement, of course)
There are periods of time that our precious girl does cry at the top of her lungs. This is either when we have to go somewhere and she's placed in her carseat just after feeding (I think she reserves a bubble or two in her tummy) or around 8pm some evenings (colic? but inconsistent if it is). The evening cries have become less frequent as she has grown.
Abby has made night time fairly easy for us (or for ME, since her sweet Daddy, though he wants to be helpful, sleeps deeply and can't really address her nighttime needs). Since about 8.5 weeks, she has begun stretching to 9 hrs between the two night feedings. Whoop! Yippee! Now if only I'd go to bed right when she does... but there's always something that needs to be done, or there's a show on our DVR, or something else that keeps me from taking advantage of the large quantity of sleep I could be getting.

She is getting so big so fast....and is a cutie patootie! I love that the nurse called her chunkers. She weighs half as much as Landry and Landry is TWO!
ReplyDeleteI want to squeeze those sweet little cheeks!