Friday, March 5

McFavorites

remember, I'm not being paid or compensated in any way for these products/companies I mention in McFavorites
I received a great little gift for my birthday/Christmas this year!  Scott's mom introduced me to Scentsy.

I love for my house to smell good.  With 3 kiddos, a husband, and a multitude of diapers (for the little ones, not the husband), accomplishing that can be next to impossible.  Not to mention the lingering bacon smell that lasted 3 days after I cooked it... love bacon, but don't want to smell it every time I walk in my house.

Candles are a no-go with kids.  I've tried plug-in types, but they're generally too strong or I forget about it after I plug it in and rediscover it WAY after it's dried out.

I usually stick with my Lavender and Vanilla Febreze spray.  Not as much anymore, though!

Scentsy is a company that sells flameless candles (wax scent bars, really) that are melted in a warmer using a low-watt bulb.  The cool thing is (pun intended), the wax really doesn't get all that hot. 

They have gobs and gobs of scents from which to choose, ranging from strong outdoorsy scents to light, fresh scents, to flowery scents, to yummy scents.

It's simple really, you just grab the scent bar carton, separate however many blocks you want to melt, and plop them in the removable warming dish. 

Then, you flip on the rotating switch part-way down the cord and get ready for the scent to fill the room.  I have mine up high and out of reach on our bar/counter, but the wax cools so quickly out of the dish that I don't think it would cause any harm to Caleb or Anna if they were to jostle it.  (Common sense caution still encouraged)

Check it out:

I have a few scents, and so far my favorites are Cutiepie Cupcake (sweet clementines, yellow cake batter, vanilla, and sugary icing), Sugar (lemon drops and cotton candy), and Coconut Lemongrass.  Skinny Dippin' (light scent of green apples with melon and pear) and Camu Camu (mandarin, camu camu, and passionfruit) are fun too!

The thing I like best is that all you have to do in order to switch scents is pour the warm wax back into the plastic case to cool, then after a quick swipe with a Kleenex, the dish is ready for new cubes!

Thanks, Nanny, for the delightful gift!

1 comment:

  1. I got something very similar for Christmas....my fave is crushed pineapple!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!