Tuesday, August 15

It was only just yesterday...

How many times could I start a post with that title? I'm discovering that the world is moving so much faster than it used to. I always heard grown-ups saying that it would, but I never fully believed it until recently. Maybe it's because I'm busier, or maybe it's because I'm waiting for something in particular to happen (or not happen), for some stage to pass, or for the next chance I have to sleep. :)

I received some valuable wisdom from Carla MacLachlan at our church in her study for young (or not) parents. She encouraged us to stop living for the moment...when potty training is achieved, or the 2s are over, or the 3s are over, or the teens are over (see, it never stops)... but instead to live in the moment: to make sure I'm in step with the Lord's will for my life so that I can treasure every moment and fulfill His purpose for me in that moment. Perhaps it is to influence someone else. Perhaps it is to be a blessing to my husband or my kids in the way I handle a situation. Perhaps it is to use what I'm going through to encourage others.

I may not even know that answer in the moment, but I do know that if I'm following the Lord and if I seek to give Him glory and credit in everything, that the reason why will be clear eventually...and I'll know that I responded accordingly instead of wishing for another moment in the future to be here quickly!

There are so many ways that I can apply that to my life right now, but today was yet another reminder of the importance of living in the moment and not for it as we attended PreSchool Orientation for Caleb. It was only just yesterday that he was Anna's size, and at the end of the month, he'll be attending preschool at our church two mornings a week. I'm excited for him, and I don't think I'll struggle with being sentimental when he goes, but I certainly don't want to dismiss moments like this as I have in the past in favor of looking toward what comes next. What a sweet boy he's become, and I'm proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:50 PM

    Thank you Lord! I offer You the praise You alone deserve, for the plan for our lives. Sunny times/stormy times, you are there & in control. Keep our hearts sensitive to Your plan.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!