Thursday, July 23

Seen and Heard at the McDonaldspot, toddler edition

You know I have to blog about what's going on.


...and what's going on right now is potty training.


Yes, potty training.
Don't look at me in that tone of voice...


So, we hear lots of adamant things being said:
"I don't WANT to go poo-poo."
"It's GOOD to push out poo-poo."
"(Insert name of family or friend here) goes poo-poo every day. Everyone needs to push out poo-poo." Yes, you may have been used in one of our examples. Sorry.
Screams and moans as the inevitable begins to happen and the urgency becomes scary. (so far, this is every time. We just look at each other in helplessness and frustration and wonder if she'll ever get used to this.)
Mid-progress: "I. want. ICE CREAM. now."
prior to any progress being made: "I need some shows." We're not the only ones who put the training potty in front of the tv, right?
And the best, or at least we hope that it's a good motivator:
"if I push out poo-poo, I can have (insert name of patiently waiting Schleich animal who has been camped out on the mantel for days on end), right?"

2 comments:

  1. i feel ya honey ... i feel ya.

    she'll get it, i promise! and if you're lucky it will happen BEFORE abby gets here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that girl is funny and totally normal! She will get there...eventually and then it is party time!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear from you! Thanks for stopping by!