Scott knew that I would love to visit our nation's Capitol, and since he had only been there once before (and hadn't paid a lot of attention, hee hee), he suggested that we go there on our trip. I heartily agreed! What a great suggestion!
We flew "for peanuts" to Baltimore, caught a train, then met our good friend Nate, who generously had us stay with him and his family in a D.C. suburb.
The best part of the trip (for me) was that, having visited there before, we were not under time pressure to see everything that there was to see quickly. We got to take our time, meet up with people, and just enjoy ourselves. (Scott would tell you he's glad that I was 6 1/2 months pregnant, since it slowed me down a little) :)
Scott's favorite part of the trip (first impression-wise) was the Dyson Air Blade hand dryer we encountered while enjoying a delicious meal in Chinatown one night. Yes, that's right, a hand dryer. Wanna see it?
On a way less superficial level, I think he'd tell you honestly that he thoroughly enjoyed the trip for the same reasons I did, but I will tell you he researched the Air Blade possibilities for our church when he came back! :)We definitely decided that we'd have to do the trip again before long, and would love to take our kiddos with us the next time around! Huge thanks to Mimi for keeping them that week!
In future installments of D to the C, I'll show you some cool pics of things we saw!
Lori, I too took pictures of the most fascinating hand blower that I had ever seen. Mine was taken on the opposite coast in San Francisco earlier this summer. You must check out the McDonalds on I-44 East sometime as the hole in the wall soaps you, rinses you and then drys you without ever having to remove your hands! Glad you had a good trip. Miss ya!
ReplyDelete