After attending Easter services at church, we moseyed on out to Pawpaw and Mimi's for an Easter dinner and hot South Texas afternoon Egg Hunt. Let's just say the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups didn't all survive the short period of time outside!
Preparing to go outside
Gal on a mission
There is a tradition here in these parts that includes Cascarones (coss cah ROAN ez) at Easter. These are real eggs which have carefully been emptied, washed, dried, often colored, and filled with confetti prior to patching the hole on top with tissue paper. A lot of fun is had cracking them on each others' heads!
Drive-by-cracking victim...
recording it for posterity
Look out, Mimi!
But the best, by far, is what character traits (read: flaws) come out during the course of the confetti egg attacks... Take a gander at this gem of a film clip, and watch for: Daddy whacking a sweet girl on the head with no confetti results, self-inflicted wounds, and deception like you'd never believe was possible!
I love watching those videos. I think that gift was totally selfish, but I don't care :)
ReplyDeleteLove you all!
i am loving all the "catching up" you're doing! these pics are great - could those two little monkeys be any more adorable? and i love the confetti eggs!
ReplyDeletehow funny...those eggs look like fun and I never knew they had a fancy name! Can I just say that I loved the word choice you used in this post....moseying, gander, gal....love it!
ReplyDelete